I know it can be hard but it’s important to set a budget and manage your money. These are the 5 ways I try and budget.
1. I calculate all your rent, bills and food shopping so you don’t overspend.
2. Set yourself a monthly budget; you could divide that number so you know how much you have to spend every week if you’d like.
3. If you can cook please do. Although eating out and ordering food is great the money adds up and can be very expensive. Cooking also allows for a healthier option.
4. Before moving off to uni take the important things you will need from you parents/guardians house. For example pots, pans, bowl and medicine. You’ll save a lot of money because you won’t have to purchase these things.
5. Get a job. This makes things soo much easier. Most times universities over jobs on site so go to your student union and have a look. It is also important look a job that will work around your timetable so you’ll be less stressed.
I hope this helps you guys out,